Sunday 19 May 2019

Solar powered railcar Part IV

Coach - work in progress

It has been a few weeks, so time for an update!

After building the chassis I started to build a coach. As said the model was loosely based on a Billard draisine that could be found on multiple French metre gauge and narrow gauge railway lines. I choose this simply because I liked the looks of it.
To keep is as light as possible the coach is build op from balsa sheets and cardboard (the backsides of paper notebooks). The coach will be attached to the chassis with small screws from underneath.

The in- and exterior were painted in a grey primer (Humbrol #1). The interior kept this grey color while the outside was painted in white and red livery. The model has sliding doors like some of these Billard draisines had. I left out the engine grille because, well... it is solar powered and not petrol powered after all ;-)

The pictures below shows the work the last weeks. The coach itself is for 90% done. I am still not sure what to do best with the wiring and I still need to figure out a removable roof (for access) that holds the solar panel.

But so far so good:







Priming the doors
 
Painting the coach in my 'neat and tidy' workshop...


- o -


 

No comments: