Saturday 20 April 2019

Solar powered railcar Part III

Chassis

The plywood parts of the Solar House kit turned out to be very handy as a support for the motor and gearbox..With a bit cutting and filing all fits nicely. This base is 72,5 mm square. I will use a similar part and a sheet of balsa wood that I have lying around to expand the chassis. It will become somewhere between 130 or 150 mm in lenght, just what looks fine and runs well.
I just use plastic LGB wheels while I had those left over and to keep it as leight as possible.





Also made an axle mount out of styrene sheets. Again all very basic and light weight.








A little video of the test run which was made without the solar panel. It was powered by a normal 1,2 Volt battery for testing (I could not discover how much the capacity of this battery was).



- o -







No comments: