Saturday 13 April 2019

Solar powered railcar Part II

The motor

The Sol Expert kit was pretty straightforward to build. The instructions are simple and clear. You can choose between several gear ratios. The kit comes with a little wooden template to adjust the motor gear in different position depending on what ratio you choose.





The axle that came with the kit was a bit to thin for the LGB wheels I wanted to use so I made a spacer from a piece of  styrene tube. It works but I am not totally satisfied because one wheel has still a bit slack. Perhaps I will replace it in the future with a brass spacer. But for now it is good enough.




And the end result; motor, axle and wheels all in place and looking just fine.
Now I really need to figure out how to make a simple chassis...




- o -



No comments: