Wednesday 10 July 2019

Construction of the station building Part I

I started to construct a little station building from scratch. It will be build using the same techniques as used with the small lineside building and the little mansion. The basic forms are made out of Styrofoam parts (bits and pieces from package material) and the walls and roof will be covered with a ' concrete'  mixture.

After making the basic form I draw the outlines of windows and doors. Unlike with the small lineside building I did not made any sketch or drawing. This build is based on a vague idea in my head and the build will go as it flows... Not always a guaranty for a successful result but we see how it goes ;-)

I used a figure for measurement of the doors and windows.



Next step was to cut out all the holes for windows and doors.



I am not sure yet how I will construct the windows and doors. I used balsa wood for the windows on the little mansion but after years these where all damaged, rotten or gone. I used styreen sheets for the windows and doors of the lineside building and that worked fine actually but it was much more laborious to work with.So to combine durability and 'laziness' I want to try an experiment with thin foam sheets (underfloor sheets) I have lying around.

- o -

No comments: