Monday 1 April 2019

Tommie



Meet this little guy called Tommie! A frolicsome teenager with a ball waving to his friends or perhaps a train passing by.

Although he is a bit smaller than the rest of my home-made folks (one head shorter) he did turn out a bit bigger as I wanted altogether. He's meant to be around 1:22,5 but probably he's bigger for his age, more like 1:20 scale (actually my figures always tend to turn out a bit bigger, perhaps I must try to build 1:29 scale to come to the right size...).

It was made the "Chris Walas way" what I found a very pleasant way of making figures.

Faces and hands are still hard for me to do and those parts turned out just not the way I had hoped for, but also not bad either. I have once considered using Preisser parts for my figures hands and heads. But than again, it's just fun to sculpt the whole figure yourself and my figures are getting better each time, so I'm actually very happy with it.
And I'm very pleased with his cap, made from a small piece of a plastic coffee milk cup.

Here some pictures of the process and the final result. The light grey base is baked Fimo on a wrinkled aluminum foil skeleton. The green is Milliput for sculpting in detail.

Shoes and right hand from Milliput


Trousers, ball and left hand



Head and cap



Skirt and jacket. Grey primer paint


And there he is!

Painted in acrylic hobby paints



-o-

No comments: